- The added Kevlar around the bottom sections increases strength and impact durability. Contact wear and pressure point distribution from boom clamps and cams is improved.
- The Kevlar also holds the vertical strands of unidirectional carbon fiber more inline, thus increasing overall durability.
- Added stiffness in lower section helps to stabilize draft and provide more locked in feel in lower sail body, while still maintaining the characteristic light handling and soft, breathable flex response that MauiSails is known for.
- New bend allowed for development progress, leading to improved upper wind range in TR-X race sails, through a combination of better stability down low and improved upper leech release.
- Stricter quality controls enforced at factory leading to tighter controls of bend curves, with every production mast being bend tested and data recorded to meet the “CAB” “Certified Accurate Bend” requirements.
- Center effort/gravity of new masts is lower down, leading to a lighter feel on the water.
- We were very careful in developing the new bend to be not just compatible with, but to actually improve performance in previous model year sails as well. GPS and parametric testing has demonstrated speed improvements when using the new masts in previous model year race sails.
- MauiSails masts are now more compatible with many other mainstream sail brands.