2018 DESIGN AND PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS
• TOP SPEED AND RANGE: New profile shape distribution and luff curve expands top-end wind range and speed while maintaining mid/low end efficiency (special focus in middle and larger sizes).
• GUST CONTROL: New twist profile allows rider to better maintain position through gusty conditions commonly encountered on the race course.
• STABILITY: New outline in middle and larger sizes lowers center of effort, increases stability and control.
• ACCELERATION: Increased drive, lift and forward acceleration.
• BALANCE AND SPEED: Built in “Leeward Pre-bend” shaping increases wing efficiency, balance and max speed.
• CONTROL: Focus on control when overpowered with smaller sizes.
• ROTATION: Cam pressure adjusted for best combination of profile stability, easy rotation and balanced power.
2018 LIGHTEST AND BEST ENGINEERED CONSTRUCTION
• The lightest World Cup Slalom race sail.
• Optimized strength to weight ratio with high strength/ultralight Technora Spacelight™ upper body handles repetitive twist loads and progressive weight film lower body for crisp, responsive feel.
• Multiple, full length vertical luff panels lock in shaping and resist stretch from downhaul loads.
• “Light Tip” upper battens with custom fittings designed. Reduces sail weight further in most important areas and quickens leech response.
• Varying Flex Carbon/composite tubes carefully suited to each batten position.
• Durable mast sleeve top protector.
• Abrasion protection of lower two battens in rigging and boom wear areas.
• Extended sleeve bottom protection.
• Improved high strength Nylon 66 Camber body with anchored stainless pins.
• Reinforced leading edge at camber contact points.
• Batten tensioner screw threaded tighter and sits deeper in tensioner to reduce loosening.
• High strength Epoxy batten tips and close tolerance tip/tube interface for durability and smooth bend.